frequently asked questions
you've got questions, we've got answers
Introduce your brand, products and vision statement and welcome customers to your store.
we do not accept returns or exchanges!
- We do not accept returns based on condition (as it will be clearly described) or the item not fitting (as we provide measurements). This includes all shoes!
- Often, our items will have "shelf wear" which is general wear from it being out in our stores. We do not accept returns for shelf wear.
- In leu of returning, you may sell your item back to us. We cannot guarantee we will buy the item back or assign it the same asking price.
- We recommend contacting us BEFORE purchasing with any concerns. We are more than happy to answer any and all of your questions!
we offer a 100% authenticity guarantee for all items at dechoes
BUY WITH CONFIDENCE
We have authenticated all of our items in-house since our store opened up in 2002. Our team has over three decades of combined experience working with luxury designer goods. Each item is carefully inspected via a multi-point process.
We offer a 90-day money back authenticity guarantee on all items you buy from Dechoes. Within that time frame, if you can provide prove that your item is inauthentic we will refund you 100%. We will check over the item and compare our authentication to the points of inauthenticity to make a final determination. If you would like to open a case with us, you can call or DM us during our business hours, daily 11-7pm.
SELLING YOUR ITEM
In order to maintain our authenticity guarantee, we are extremely careful during our authentication process. Please be patient while we authenticate your item in store. If we are not 100% sure an item is authentic we will pass on it or ask for proof of authenticity. This will come in the form of original receipt or reputable Third Party certifications of authenticity.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO:
- We require original receipts or Third Party Authentication on items we price at $1000 or over. We offer select reimbursement up to $50 for required third party authentications. Please click here for our full Third Party Authentication policy
- A valid government ID or passport is required to sell designer items. You will be asked to sign an agreement at the beginning of your appointment stating your items are authentic.
- Brand authenticity cards cannot be considered proof of authenticity, as replicas often include accurate authenticity cards.
- Second hand receipts (like ones from StockX, The RealReal, eBay, etc.) are useful but sometimes we will still require a receipt from the original brand or Third Party Authentication.
- We may still require an original receipt or Third Party Authentication even if you have a good reputation with us.
IT IS ILLEGAL TO KNOWINGLY SELL FAKE GOODS AS AUTHENTIC. IF YOU SELL US A REPLICA, WE WILL ASK YOU TO RETURN YOUR PAYMENT FROM US AND WE WILL RETURN THE FRAUDULENT ITEM TO YOU. IF YOU DO NOT COMPLY, WE WILL PURSUE LEGAL ACTION.
Afterpay is available both online and in-store! Split your order into 4 interest-free payments and get your item right away. No waiting to pay off outstanding balances to get your goodies. Select Afterpay at checkout online or in-app.
Dechoes layaway is available on most items in our store. With a 25% down payment and 60 days to pay, you can pay for your stuff at your own pace. Call or DM us to start your layaway today!
We can do our best! Give our stores a call or DM us on Instagram and we can take a look at the shipping options available to you.
Oh no! Please call our stores, send us an email, or DM us on Instagram. We are happy to help.
Our buyers look for those "WOW" pieces. We look for amazing high-end items, vintag beauts' and select mall and boutique brands purchased within the past 2 years. We look for great quality pieces in good condition and on trend. Check out our SELLING page for more info.
For items we price under $100, we can offer you 50% of the offer price in store credit, or 35% in money. For items we price over $100, we can offer you 60% of the offer price in store credit, or 40% in money. Best offer in town!
We select what will sell best in our store. We carefully look over each item for condition, and research to see what the market value is. We hone in on the best price that get you the best payout possible, while retaining a reasonable selling price. Think "best of both worlds".
A valid government ID or passport is required to sell designer items. You will be asked to sign an agreement at the beginning of your appointment stating your items are authentic. If you are not selling designer items, all you need to bring is your items! You can bring them steamed or wrinkled, folded, or hung, as long as they are not in trash bags.
Nope. We buy items outright meaning you get paid on the spot. Unlike consignment, you can choose to receive your payout in money or in store credit right then and there! We do offer consignment for specific items, though.
If you want to trade your good stuff for our good stuff, you can opt for store credit when you sell. Apply that store credit to that thing you have your eye on. We do not do one-to-one trading.
We would truly LOVE to please each person that sells to us. Unfortunately, there will be times where we pass on items you think we should take. Please don't take it personally! We buy according to a number of key factors to ensure our store is curated. Even if the buyer looking at your items loves it but knows it is not a good fit for our store, we can't take it - but we gotta do what we gotta do.
Check out our Instagram feed and stories to see when we are hiring. You can also send us your resume any time by messaging us on Instagram.
We love supporting other local small businesses. We are currently accepting applications for locally owned Black, Asian, and Hispanic owned small businesses to vend in our stores. If you think you'd be a good fit, reach out to us by giving our stores a call or DMing us on Instagram.